Friday, January 05, 2007

Entitlement

Having virtually visited my recently titled friend Don, I sought the Philomath of Fishbourne Sneething for advice.

Is it really so great to have a title, I asked the Very Lady R the P of FS?

She lowered her demitasse and sighed disappointedly. If you must ask, she admonished me, you probably don't deserve a title.

I excused myself and walked out along her lane in the direction of Marble Arch. I gave the matter two minutes' thought. Really, I concluded, except for most OBE's and knighthoods, titles aren't usually deserved. Lords and Ladies are usually just born into some entitled family. So what's the big deal about deserving a title? Sorry, Sneeth Sister, I did the cheap thing, and grabbed myself a title as though it were a one-dollar bra on Wing On Lane.

The virtual land grab:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Lady Madame Seraya the Subservient of Bumswick by the Hole
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title

Hmmm... Kind of reminds me of my Chinese name, Fok Wan-Lei. Lesson of the day: stick with the culture and class of your birth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Web Hosting is a pattern of service which permit a customer for bring own web site to online server on internet. Which web host can say name again is " HSP " which bend down from " Hosting Service Provider ". Which is business which bring a tecnology which necessary for create a web site come for service. By has aim is for looking web site on internet.Every web site which online on internet will must recieve entrusting to another or recieve on special computer which say " Web Server ". Web Server will has duty for connecting with more way always 24 hours